When it comes to preventing rodents from coming into your San Diego County home, maintaining good prevention habits and having a plan of what to do if you discover a rodent problem is crucial. This is the time of year when rodents like mice and rats are searching for a place to nestle down and endure the winter months. Rodents can multiply quickly and will soon be a much bigger problem if not addressed immediately. Whether you have seen a mouse recently or not, prevention maintenance will keep the rodents out so you don’t have to spend the winter with a rodent infestation. If you already have a rodent problem, hiring a trusted pest control company can be the key to eliminating every last rodent from your property.
Knowing how to stop rodents from coming inside in the first place is a great place to start. Developing a few good habits will reduce the chances of rodents becoming a problem.
- Keep all eating in one room or area.. By being disciplined to keep all eating to the kitchen or dining room means you can focus your cleaning efforts in one space when it is needed. Fast food wrappers and boxes strewn throughout your house can attract mice and rats because the smell of food is still strong.
- Sweep and vacuum often. Mice and rats are looking for food in your home. Crumbs on the floor may go unnoticed by you but a rodent will easily locate and devour any easy food on your floors.
- Clean out storage areas like in the attic, basement, or garage often. Rodents love cluttered areas that don’t get much attention. If you are sure to reorganize and clean these less frequented areas, mice and rats will not feel at ease to make their nests in your stuff.
An experienced rodent control service will immediately get to work setting baited traps outside your home to draw rodents out so they can be eliminated. Once caught, a pest pro will return to remove the rodent and reset the traps. After the current infestation is eradicated, a rodent control pro will carefully inspect the outside and inside of your home for any possible entry points. They will protect your home against future infestations by:
- Closing up holes and repairing damaged interior or exterior walls to keep the rodents from entering your home.
- Replace any missing or damaged thresholds or weather stripping on exterior doors.
- Check all windows that may be broken in any way or stuck partially open. Mice and rodents can flatten themselves and can get in through very narrow openings.
- Recommend you replace your roof if damage is unable to be easily repaired. Not only do you want to keep rodents out, water could also do a lot of damage if your roof is not in top shape.
For all these services and more from the best rodent elimination services in San Diego County, give the trusted and experienced team at Nixtermite a call today.