Selecting A Pest Control Professional
- What should a homeowner look for when selecting a pest control professional?
- If you hire a pest control professional, are you guaranteed a pest-free home?Pest control companies differ in their guarantees. If a guarantee is given, know what it covers, how long it lasts, what you must do to keep it in force, and what kind of continuing prevention and management are necessary. It is important that homeowners remain active participants before, during and after all pest control treatments. This type of vigilance helps the homeowner better understand their contract and possible guarantee, and helps the Pest Management Company understand the homeowners expectations.
Pests, Pest Control & Asthma
Although bed bugs derive their name from their tendency to live in beds, they can be found in carpets, under wallpaper, behind baseboards, and in small cracks and crevices throughout a room.
A few tips for travelers to avoid a bed bug infestation are:
• At hotels, pull down the bed covers at night. If you see something moving, or if you see spots on the sheets, move to another room or switch hotels.
• Thoroughly inspect the entire room before unpacking. If any pests are spotted, change rooms or establishments immediately.
• After traveling, inspect your suitcases before bringing them into the house. Consider vacuuming them thoroughly to remove any suspicion of pests.