Having any kind of rodent infestation can be very stressful. But knowing huge rats are in your home is probably the absolute worst. When it comes to preventing rats from coming into your Chula Vista home, maintaining good prevention habits and having a plan of what to do if you discover a rat problem is essential. Rodents can multiply quickly and will soon be a much bigger problem if not addressed immediately. Whether you have seen a rat recently or not, prevention steps can be taken that will keep the rodents out of your home. If you already have a rat problem or you hear that your neighbors do, hire a trusted pest control company in Chula Vista for rat removal so you can relax in your home once again.
Basic rodent prevention, whether done before or after your home is treated for rats, can help prevent more rats from being attracted to your home. Developing a few good habits will reduce the chances of rodents and many other types of pests from becoming a problem.
- Keep all eating in one room or area. When crumbs or plates with food residue are left all over the house, rats can slip in and eat while you are in another room. Keeping all food in one area of the house also contains your cleaning to one main are.
- Sweep and vacuum often. Rats are looking for food in your home. Crumbs on the floor may go unnoticed by you but a rodent will easily locate and devour any easy food on your floors.
- Clean out storage areas like in the attic, basement, or garage often. Rodents love cluttered areas that don’t get much attention. If you are sure to reorganize and clean these less frequented areas at regular intervals throughout the year, rats will not feel at ease to make their nests in your stuff.
Prevention efforts are always worth it but sometimes if the rats have already found a way inside, you need to hit them with something bigger. After a quick call, an experienced rodent control service will immediately get to work on removing rats from your home. Once a rat is caught in a trap, a pest pro will return to remove the rodent and reset the traps. After the current infestation is eradicated, a rodent control pro will carefully inspect the outside and inside of your home for any possible entry points. They will protect your home against future infestations by:
- Closing up holes and repairing damaged interior or exterior walls to keep the rodents from entering your home.
- Replace any missing or damaged thresholds or weather stripping on exterior doors.
- Check all windows that may be broken in any way or stuck partially open. Mice and rodents can squeeze through very narrow openings.
- Recommend you replace your roof if damage is unable to be easily repaired. Not only do you want to keep rodents out, water could also do a lot of damage if your roof is not in top shape.
For the best rat removal services in Chula Vista, give Nixtermite a call today so you can get rid of the rats and enjoy being home once again.