An ant infestation can be extremely frustrating to eliminate. Ants seem to be able to smell the smallest drip of honey or hear the tiny sugar particles hitting the floor. Before you know it, there is a healthy trail of ants marching right through your kitchen. You can wipe up the trail but this will only cause the ants to march in several different directions in search of your food. If you are wanting to get rid of an ant infestation, there are several different ways to approach this problem. The easiest and fastest way to eliminate an ant infestation in your home is to call an ant control pro to inspect your home and eradicate every ant from the premises.
What attracts ants?
Ants are after food to feed their impressive colonies that live just beyond the walls of your home. There are many places in your home that may be attracting the ants to come in. If you often have food left on your counter tops, table, or beneath the table, ants will certainly find out and soon be setting up a trail to get your food into their mound. Other places that attract ants are:
- Dog or cat food dishes
- Water in bathtub or sinks
- Sugary drink spills under the refrigerator or oven
- Boxes of sugary foods like cereal in your pantry
To prevent ants from finding food or water in your home, be sure to:
- Keep food in airtight containers
- Wipe down your tables and counters with an all-purpose cleaner
- Keep floors and surfaces free from crumbs, and, especially, sticky spots from surgery drink spills or honey
- Caulk around windows and door frames. Ants can enter through tiny cracks so checking for small entry points will help keep ants from coming in
- Spray white vinegar or sprinkle cinnamon around possible entry points to deter ants
Call a pest pro
Ants are determined and have endless personnel to send into your home to continue bringing food out. If all of your efforts are to keep ants from marching into your home, calling a pest pro should be your next step. An experienced pest control pro will quickly eliminate the ants from inside your home. Once the home is clear, the pro will head outside to find the source of ants that have persistently returned day after day to search for food, water, and anything else that piques their interests.
If you feel like you are losing the fight against the persistent ants coming into your home, call in the experienced, licensed pros at Nixtermite in La Jolla, CA, to eliminate the ant infestation so you can relax in your home once again. Nixtermite will inspect your home, inside and out, so that ants never become a problem again in the future.